Enthusiasts, who believe that some structures located in and around Darrtown should be acknowledged for historic value,  may wish to mount a campaign to achieve such recognition.

There are several structures in and around Darrtown that some supporters might consider historic.

For example:

          Darrtown's Hitching Post tavern, which opened for business in 1817, has existed for nearly two centuries. The historic tavern celebrated its bicentennial year in 2017.

          The building that houses Don's Carry-out has a life-span nearly equal to the town tavern.

          The Lutheran and Methodist churches have stood for nearly a century and a half.

          The large residence at the north edge of Darrtown, once owned by Col. Kirk Mee II, dates back to the mid-to-late 1800's

          The log cabin situated in the SW corner of Schollenbarger Road and Rt. 177 has stood since Darrtown's early days.

Speaking of...

...you may view four sketches of Darrtown-area farms and residences from the 1800's, below.

Marvin Russell contributed the four images, which he found in the "History and Biographical Cyclopedia of Butler County, Ohio."

According to captions on the sketches:

 The Harris farm was located in Section 29 of Milford Township.

The Kramer farm was located in Section 20 of Milford Township.

The Lane farm (and mill) was located in Section 31 of Milford Township.

The Ogle sisters' farm was located in Section 28 of Milford Township.


As noted above, no Darrtown-related site has yet attained national acclaim. However, two Milford Township sites have been recognized by the U.S. Library of Congress.

The Charles Krebs' Place

This residence is located at 5700 Hamilton Richmond Road in Milford Township, Butler County, Ohio.

The Covered Bridge at Collinsville

This structure was located north of Collinsville, Ohio, approximately 1,000 feet east of the intersection of State Road and the (old) St. Rt. 127, where State Road crosses the Seven Mile Creek.

See more info at this Library of Congress link:


When the website page opens, you may scroll through three views, by clicking the arrows at the upper left.

The Library of Congress record indicates that the Collinsville bridge was built in 1870. Built entirely of wood, the bridge was about 103 feet long.

Wikipedia reports that "a covered bridge is a timber-truss bridge with a roof, decking, and siding, which in most covered bridges create an almost complete enclosure. The purpose of the covering is to protect the wooden structural members from the weather. Uncovered wooden bridges typically have a lifespan of only 20 years because of the effects of rain and sun, but a covered bridge could last 100 years."

We do not know when the Collinsville covered bridge was replaced, nor do we have any images of it.

See more info at this Library of Congress link: https://www.loc.gov/item/oh0155/




As of November 2019, no site in or near Darrtown has attained national recognition for being historically significant.

Two Milford Township sites have been recognized by the U.S. Library of Congress:

The Charles Krebs place

The covered bridge over Seven Mile creek, at Collinsville